Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Shameless self-promotion

It's amazing what you can find in charity shops. A few years ago, for less than a pound, I picked up a brilliant book of WW1 propaganda called The War Illustrated. It's a collection of magazines that were published weekly from August 1914, and has all the things you'd expect to see from that era - trenches, airships, prototype submarines and bare-faced hypocrisy, as the editorial copy rages against the dastardly lies of the enemy while telling exactly the same lies themselves. I thought it would be fun to get this put up on the web for all the world to see, so I'll be posting weekly updates on my new blog at http://the-war-illustrated.blogspot.com, not coincidentally on the same dates that the magazines themselves were published. If you're at all interested in that sort of thing, then please pop over and have a look.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uber-cool, Min! I've always had a fascination with the Victorians' last hurrah. I'll have to take a look at those scans.

Offensive to the Maximum!

-Zap Rowsdower

8:09 pm  
Anonymous Faye Architectes said...

Great read thhankyou

7:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home